Use your browser's back button to return Print
Prayer
Satanic oppression
Please pray for ministers and other Christians who regularly come under satanic attack/oppression.
Peter Carr 19/07/2007 17:39

Replies:
Martin Lisemore 21/10/2010 21:23
Peter. it's going on, before you even posted.

Many of my closest friends are clergy, and the best are under severe attack.

So are we.

I can only say, rebuke the devil and he will flee from you.
Mini 24/07/2019 21:20
Actually it says "Resist" the devil and he will flee from you! (Perhaps I am being pedantic but the Bible says not to rebuke higher beings)
You don't have to be in the clergy or anything high up. I find it hard to believe that any true believer who knows and obeys Jesus is NOT under attack now. It is not "the best" who is under attack but even "the weakest saint upon his knees"
Whether we like it or not, we are warriors. It is encouraging to know
that the devil sees us as enemies! When I was a child, my mother and aunt were looking at a spider in a web. A bee had unfortunately flown into the web, and the spider was wrapping it around and around with silk till it looked like a cocoon. I remember my aunt saying to my mother "the spider is afraid of it". Well, satan is desperately afraid of us and is trying to bind us and immobilise us because we are such a threat to him!
The most helpful things I find is 1) constant contemplation of Jesus work on the Cross, and His shed blood. 2) RESIST fear - resist the devil - RESIST negative thoughts which come from the enemy. 3)The joy of the LORD is your strength - praise God even when you don't feel like it. Joy is ours actually even when we don't feel it because it is not our joy but the joy of Jesus being fulfilled in us. And remember how the Israelites went to war sending the levites singing songs of praise in the front of the soldiers. 4) don't fix your eyes on the trouble around or the darkness. Fix your eyes on Jesus and only look at everything else out of the corners of your eyes.
The last couple of years I have had repeated attacks. I pray and I feel as though the skies are lead and my words mean nothing. But Jesus always delivers me.
If you can get hold of the book by Rabbi Moshe Laurie that is helpful, and also he put a couple of you tube videos online. In fact you can get a lot of inspiration from youtube if you can stay away from the overly fanatical. Like St Paul I personally find it helpful to think about warriors - Paul liked to think about Roman soldiers and I like watching Ruroni Kenshin action films! We need to see the reality of our warfare and these secular illustrations help.
Also take Holy Communion often because Jesus defeated every single evil spirit and angelic power there on the Cross. Very important to realise Jesus did not defeat satan on Easter Day but on Good Friday! The work was finished then. In so doing He shares His victory with us, not when we overcome, but while we are still in the dark place. Just as He said - BEFORE He died on the Cross: "I HAVE overcome the world" so even now in the battle when we feel we are losing, we can say "In JESUS I HAVE overcome" because His work has been completed on the Cross.
To be honest, I think it would be helpful if there was a major and ongoing forum topic on the subject of Christians under spiritual attack. I would like to glean tips and helps from others.