Our children: education or Indoctrination -
Video and Conference Programme
The video recording of the following conference is available by clicking on the image below.
1. Logged in site members (whether having been part of the conference or not) are invited to leave any comments/questions/requests in the response section at the foot of the page.
and Brief Biblical basis for care and nurture of children
Speaker: Steve Beegoo Head of Education, Christian Concern
Ideology and Sexuality (@17mins)
Speaker: Dr Lisa Nolland Chief Executive, Marriage Sex & Culture group
State Education and Sexuality Issues (@45mins)
Speaker: Steve Beegoo
Part 1: School Chaplaincy (@1h18m)
Speaker: Dr Steve Younger (CVE Scotland)
Part 2: Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood curriculum (@1h30m)
Speaker: Kirsty Moffat (CVE Scotland)
Issues outside of School (@1h58m)
Speaker: Kath McAllistair
Conference organisers: Issachar Ministries
(in speaking order) -
is the Head of Education at Christian Concern, he speaks nationally and internationally on issues related to education and Christianity. He is also the CEO of the Christian Schools Trust, a network of small, low cost, independent Christian schools. He was a headteacher for 8 years, a church pastor for 9 years, and has a wife and three daughters and lives near Oxford. In his spare time he loves a game of badminton!
Dr Lisa Nolland
is a sex historian and the CEO of the Marriage, Sex and Culture Group, London (msc.support). Lisa has been tracking the pan sexual revolution for the past four decades, and is most concerned by the Woke targeting of the young, the loss of basic freedoms of speech and religion, and the unwillingness or inability of the church to engage where most needed. The MSC's upcoming conference, 'I'm gay': Where do we go from here? (London, 25th March, zoom tickets) addresses these important issues.
Dr. Steve Younger
is pastor of High Blantyre Baptist Church. He has 40 years of experience as a School Chaplain and is the Chaplaincy Project Co-ordinator for Christian Values in Education (Scotland)
. He also lectures at the Scottish Baptist College on Chaplaincy topics and on Pastoral Care.
is a former secondary school teacher by training in religious, moral and philosophical studies. She and is CVE (Scotland) as head of the Relationship and Sexual Health and Parenthood Project.
has been involved in alternative provision, languages and RE teaching, chaplaincy and para-church ministry in secondary and primary schools. He has a degree in languages a PGCE and a MA in Translation Studies and has been working in education in some form since 2005.
is a Safe Guarding Co-ordinator. She is a secondary school teacher and a wife and mother of three children.
|The following is a summary of some of the comments that have come in following the 'Our Children - Education or Indoctrination' conference -
* Thanks for Saturday, I would like to say I enjoyed it, but I think it was more a case of shock and awe! It was very informative and gives lots of things to think about.
* It was very professionally done and had a wealth of information for parents and grandparents.
* Thank you so very much for such a stimulating and challenging conference this afternoon. As believers we should be fully aware of what is going on in the world, especially in our own country and to be able to discuss it at the appropriate times.
* I must admit, that I finished the afternoon slightly stunned, but knowing that as a grandparent, God willing I will be a bit better informed!
* It was brilliant and so inspiring! fired me up all over again. Since I work in a school! thank you so much for organizing it for us. Tremendously worthwhile.
* Truly excellent, speakers giving insights across the range of issues and helping us to tackle the issues in our schools and communities.
* Very informative and practical too.
* It was brilliant and so inspiring! fired me up all over again since I work in a school! thank you so much for organising it for us. Tremendously worthwhile.
* Thank you so much for this afternoon conference.
* I wanted to say thank you very much for a really excellent conference this afternoon on our children’s education. Very needful and very informative though a little heavy going at times. It has provided me much fuel for my prayer for children. For the last few months the Lord has laid our children on my heart to pray to the extent that I have been sharing information with my pastor with regard to what is going on in our schools.
I really think that we are living in an age where, if at all possible, we should pray and consider taking our children out of the public schooling system.
* Thank you for this afternoon.
How have we ever let this happen to our little children - I think as Christians we have to take much of the blame - we have not been sufficiently vigilant and have been too trusting. Please pass on my appreciation to all those who worked towards making the afternoon such a success.
|Headline: Rishi Sunak agrees to urgent review of inappropriate sex ed materials
|An earlier online conference of the above type was held in May 2020. The article includes links to recordings of the various speakers.
|From CF -
>>>>Thank you so much for arranging this conference. I found it very helpful and have passed on some of the practical suggestions re pushing back, to my family members who are either teachers or work in schools.<<<<
|CofE school defends book promoting gender ideology to four-year-olds